You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Riddlers Rocket II
So the saga continues ….. This time registration delays …

So the DVLA recieved the documents on the 10th Sept, a week in thought I’d give them a ring to see if there had been any progress, and yep you’ve guessed it NOPE…

Spoken to a less than helpful lady on the phone, who advised that the expected wait time is 6 weeks as it “clearly states on the gov.uk web site”,although she was unable to provide this link to me and “didn’t” have time to check the whole site to advise where it stated this, and I’ve still not been able to locate it but still looking  ( Good job there's and my calls are recorded ), The little info I did manage to gain from her was they are now working on post delivered 17th Aug due the the whole “CoVid” thing but she was unable to confirm if it was 6 weeks from the date recieved or the date they finally got round to opening the post.

But on plus she did confirm the date the vehicle would be taxed from was the date on the form (9th Sept) , so it looks like I’ll be paying road Tax on my car before its legal to go on the road and there a good chance I’ll loose at least 1 months tax cost.

While I don’t want to get political or disparant on the whole covid thing – but whats happening to the UK, nothing seams to be functioning anymore and we are being controlled in/by fear, by a government who appear to be fooking everything up from Brexit to Testing….. with the lack of any progress being blamed on the covid “problem” , I’m sure if I stopped responding to people for weeks on end I’d be out of business …

Rant over – Sorry …

Ian
Ian.
Owner, Builder, Host of MyCarBuild.co.uk and builder of Riddler's Rocket.

Remember we build cars because we have no inter-personal skills.
You'd think that the lack of completed tests would reduce the registration workload thus speeding it up or is that to simple a correlation?
(17-09-2020, 11:00)Kiwicanfly Wrote: You'd think that the lack of completed tests would reduce the registration workload thus speeding it up or is that to simple a correlation?

Big Grin  You'd think so ... But it appears not ....  Huh
Ian.
Owner, Builder, Host of MyCarBuild.co.uk and builder of Riddler's Rocket.

Remember we build cars because we have no inter-personal skills.
Well done on the pass Big Grin
Mike, Building an ST170 powered Rocket 2

Build diary :- http://mycarbuild.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=272
Youtube channel :-  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6qApD...he0mwXN6YA