Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CKC Track day Blyton Park 11th August
Hi everyone

Just to let you know 4sfed will be on the track at this event.

https://completekitcar.co.uk/ckc-track-days/

If you are interested get on the link now and book for slot - there are only 48 up for grabs.

Kev looking on the site, it doesn't say anything about spectators - are they allowed in and secondly how much is it - do you remember from last year?
(08-07-2019, 08:22)Gazzra Wrote: Hi everyone

If you are interested get on the link now and book for slot - there are only 48 up for grabs.

Kev looking on the site, it doesn't say anything about spectators - are they allowed in and secondly how much is it - do you remember from last year?

Yes spectators are free to come and watch, it does cost £5 to be a passenger though at this one, unlike the Huddersfield club which is free.
(08-07-2019, 10:07)4sfed Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 08:22)Gazzra Wrote: Hi everyone

Yes spectators are free to come and watch, it does cost £5 to be a passenger though at this one, unlike the Huddersfield club which is free.

Hi Kev - just had it confirmed by Adam

Ok everyone - who is up for a trip to Blyton on the 11th?

You don't have to race (I wont be, but maybe slip in the passenger seat of Kevs - My Fern still wants a spin Kev ) Wink  

Those of you who come and have a road legal Rocket that would be great - we could use it as a club catch up for all members!
Just bumping this thread up to the top to see if anyone is interested in going!

Catching up with Adam at CKC and having a conversation ref an article on the club and the cars being built and completed Cool

Its free to watch and park, so hopefully the weather will be good for a tan!  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Kev will be copying over your videos of Curborough onto the members site when I get a min!
Had a great morning with Kev and Paul and will be posting pictures etc. later tonight.
Just wanted to say thanks guys for the ride along and you have succeeded in making my daughter a true petrol head in that I have been told to get mine finished, so she can take it on the track lol!

Not what I originally intended for my build, but looks like I will be getting motivation whether I want it or not!  Wink

It will be good when we can get more cars finished and find a track where everyone can get to.

Blyton costs about £4.5K for the day - which is why it was £95 per car and only a maximum of 48 cars. However don't think there was 48 cars there - what you think Paul / Kev.

There was some thrills and spills, with some cars costing more than just the track fee. Kev says he was one of the last ones off the circuit at 5pm and done over 120 miles of hard driving during the day.

Thanks once again guys
Here's a bit of footage from blyton, wasn't going to upload it because of the muck on the camera and the sound needing to be on FULL vol,  but there was a great variation of kits.
https://youtu.be/eFdRTEev0WU
Pictures as promised Big Grin

More...

More...

More...

Final set...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gazzra

Blyton costs about £4.5K for the day - which is why it was £95 per car and only a maximum of 48 cars. However don't think there was 48 cars there - what you think Paul / Kev.

Adam ckc told me there was 41 pre entered, wouldn’t be surprised if a few entered on the day though.
4.5k will be for a track day but it’s a lot cheaper if booked as a club fun day or (test day) as they call it.
The Huddersfield car club that I go with do this, it’s better as there’s only 5-6 on track at once.
Same rules apply on the day ie no racing and same overtaking rules as any track day.
(13-08-2019, 15:20)4sfed Wrote: Gazzra

Adam ckc told me there was 41 pre entered, wouldn’t be surprised if a few entered on the day though.
4.5k will be for a track day but it’s a lot cheaper if booked as a club fun day or (test day) as they call it.
The Huddersfield car club that I go with do this, it’s better as there’s only 5-6 on track at once.
Same rules apply on the day ie no racing and same overtaking rules as any track day.
Sounds like an option me thinks Idea
Just following up this thread with some youtube footage from the day.

https://youtu.be/sB1DHMjB-wk

Thanks for the ride along guys Big Grin didn't stop grinning all the way home!