You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Everyone
Hi Everyone, 

I have been thinking about completing a kit car build for a few years and wondered which kit to go for. For many months its been... do i build a Caterham style car or Cobra.
Then i discovered the rocket 2.
I think my mind is made up.

Really pleased to have found this site and have enjoyed reading through a few of the build threads.

My main question at the moment is which engine is it best to go for? 

what are most people using and is it possible to go as extreme as the 2.3ltr ecoboost?

Thanks
James
Anything is possible.

Can I get a couple of tickets for the next 'Grand Tour' special?
Unfortunately I am not the legend that is james may.
I have nether his technical or driving ability.
Oh man. I saw captain slow at the top and James at the bottom. Put 2 and 2 together and got 6 ?
Yeah but maybe he's wanting to keep a really low profile and in reality.......

Or, for the next "Challenge", they are going to buy a "Full Kit" from EXO and see if it can be completed straight from the Box Big Grin
Hi James, 

I’ve built an R2 with a 2.3 L eco-boost engine (See May 19 complete kit Kit Car Mag) it’s quick but surprisingly well mannered.  Any questions, please ask.

BR

Kevin
Thanks Kevin, I have just got hold of a copy and had a read.
The car looks amazing.
Would you mind if I send you a direct message?
James
(12-10-2019, 17:42)Captin Slow Wrote: Thanks Kevin, I have just got hold of a copy and had a read.
The car looks amazing.
Would you mind if I send you a direct message?
James

Yep, pls do.  

Kevin
Hi,
Just a word of warning. The Rocket 2 product may well be fine but my own experience with Exo Sports cars is that their promises about delivery dates are worthless. Also, be conscious that you're dealing with a small poorly capitalized company.
Sorry to rain on the parade, but my own recommendation would be that you buy a kit from someone who has abandoned the project rather than direct from the factory.
Cheers
Shane

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exo-sports-ca...SwcQVdKj4x
One for sale today on Ebay - LStg4750
Thank you for the word of warning Shane, I spotted that car in Ebay last week and am very tempted.
I was not planning a build for a year or so and am starting to do my research. I'm about 12months away from having a garage built and will then start looking seriously.
Is the ebay car owner a member on here?